Looking back

 The ThingOnItsOwn blog was a great part of my creative development, but one that I left behind in a very abrupt fashion. I wonder what would have happened if I had simply let it peter out instead of stopping from one day to the other.

This blog was a challenge for myself, to each day create new content, explore new ideas and to share those ideas with others - a very foreign concept to me back then, as it somewhat is today, too.

I had a good streak going, and then, suddenly, I stopped. A couple of days before, I had posted about mental health, and I mean, in retrospect, that sounds ominous as hell. It wasn't supposed to be. It was more about being a bit restless, trying to rekindle my energy by doing something different. I guess it didn't. I missed a couple of self-imposed deadlines and remembered a week later, deciding to just put the blog into hiatus. Once there, it was easier to forget than to pick up once more. 

Sharing, for me, isn't a natural instinct after all.


Did I stop creating? No, of course not. I've been going through a lot of projects since then that would've been great to blog about, now that I'm looking back.

I want to create, and I want to try to share it with the world. I want to do this in a way that does not feel like forcing myself, or feel like a chore. I do not know the way through that conundrum.

For now, I'm focusing on sharing through my twitter. This of course precludes any long form guides, like the ones I made on this blog. Maybe I'll write those blogs on here, or maybe they'll end up on my itch together with whatever project I'll be working on.

I want to thank the people who have remembered this blog through the tumultuous times in which we live. I hope all of you are doing well.

Comments

Post a Comment