Blog Update - Keepin' On

It's been a busy month. The most popular yet, with great posts like:

Isle Terrain
Dungeon Generator
Business Cards
Monstrous Terrain (aka Domain Warping)
Strangelets

Here in December, I wanted to do some other sorts of procgen, basic one-offs mostly, such as snowflakes. Let's see if any other like that pop up.

Starting a new job, as described last month, I've still been able to find time to do these projects on the side. Now, moving house and soon having Christmas upon us - well, I'll make do, somehow.

I am however reaching a bit of a slump, I feel. Not so much that I don't have time. More that I seem to be running out of ideas. I sit looking at maps made in my new project, CCC, and wondering what exactly I can do to flesh them out. Having just a bit of time for procgen now and then seems to be sufficient to actually implementing ideas, but not necessarily for getting the ideas in the first place.

For a while, the goal of this blog has been to show that procgen is not difficult from a programming side of things. However, the ideas and concepts are what makes it difficult. This is what I am now feeling, wrought upon my own body.

The strawpoll from last time went well, my thanks to those giving feedback. I think I'll do another, much simpler one: does it make sense with three updates a week? Am I shooting myself in the foot here, dilluting the quality of content, or the attention of readers?

Bar any other events, this'll be the last blog update of the year - happy holidays and a good new year to all y'all.

Comments